Directed by Bonnie Foster
There’s a killer targeting sex-traffickers on the loose, and the murderer is closer than this Malibu couple thinks.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
News & Reviews
- “BUTTERFLY, A Short Film By Bonnie Foster, Is Official Entry At 15th Annual Lafemme International Film Festival”Broadway Worldhttps://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/BUTTERFLY-A-Short-Film-By-Bonnie-Foster-Is-Official-Entry-At-15th-Annual-Lafemme-International-Film-Festival-20191014
- “LA Femme Film Festival Award Winning Alum Bonnie Foster’s BUTTERFLY”Entertainment and Sports Todayhttps://www.entertainmentandsportstoday.com/la-femme-film-festival-award-winning-alum-bonnie-fosters-butterfly/
- “The Sirens of Titan Band and Sweet Surrender”A Shaded View of Fashionhttps://ashadedviewonfashion.com/2017/10/11/the-sirens-of-titan-band-and-sweet-surrender-text-by-geraldine-postal/
- “An interview with BONNIE FOSTER, director of “Butterfly””Rome Prisma Awardshttps://www.romeprismafilmawards.com/2020/03/22/an-interview-with-bonnie-foster-director-of-butterfly/
- “Meet Bonnie Foster”ShoutOut LAhttps://shoutoutla.com/meet-bonnie-foster-film-director-and-writer/
- “Rising Stars: Meet Bonnie Foster”Voyage LAhttp://voyagela.com/interview/rising-stars-meet-bonnie-foster-los-angele
Director Biography – Bonnie Foster
Bonnie Foster is an award-winning writer/director working in theater, documentary, and narrative film. Her original films have won over 21 awards and played in more than 30 festivals worldwide.
She has worked in documentary on Emmy-nominated and award-winning projects including Ken Burns’ series based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies, and PBS’s groundbreaking women’s history anthology, Makers: Women Who Make America.
Before transitioning to film, Bonnie worked in theater as a puppeteer. After mentoring with NYC avant-garde puppeteers Basil Twist and Dan Hurlin, she toured as a puppeteer with a burlesque puppet show funded by a grant from the National Endowment of the Arts. She later founded her own company, Dead Ladybug Puppets, with whom she designed, built, and performed her own shows in venues across the Pacific Northwest.
Bonnie has been a contributing writer for Flaunt magazine and is Senior Features Editor for female-run fashion and arts magazine, Reserved. Bonnie often writes about artists and their creative process. Some of her interviewees include Alysia Reiner, Sean Lennon, Caitriona Balfe, and Rose McGowan.
Bonnie earned her Bachelor of Arts from Sarah Lawrence College where she studied Russian language and literature, theater, and fiction writing.
She is a member of the Alliance of Women Directors and lives in Los Angeles.