Morgan (f) – Lada Darewych
John Anglin – Hugh Ritchie
Narration – Victoria Urquhart
Morris – Geoff Mays
Pierce – Sean Ballantyne
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A man who finds and loses the love of his life, while doing his job as a detective: solving a murder that leads to uncovering the mystery behind Alcatraz’s most famous escape.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Picks up where a great movie left off: Escape from Alcatraz. Captures the imagination as it takes the audiences on an adventure of solving a great mystery, as a roller coaster romance unfolds. Appeals to wide range of audience members and brings back to mind the classic noir films of Hitchcock and Huston/Hammett while adding edgy modern tones.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
On and off for 15 years.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written 16 screenplays, most original, a few for hire/based on novels. I am also working on short story collection.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?
“Didn’t I Blow Your Mind?” Delfonics
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The long process of learning to find the heart of a story and to tell it well; i.e. maturation as a film writer; learning to listen to your characters.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Baseball, boxing, horse racing, all literature, music, painting, poetry, my baby girl.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox