NARRATION: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Chelsea: Elizabeth Skidmore
Laurel: Marisa King
Harry: Yehuda Fisher
Octavio: Michael Sabet
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Still suffering her childhood abuse, a fiery-spirited girl has to fight a cruel rapist to flourish in the fashionata world.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Thriller with character-driven drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Millions of girls and women need to be encouraged to stand their ground and defend themselves when sexually harassed and assaulted. They should report to the police until these terrible rapes can be prevented.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
2 1/2 years
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Light My Fire”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Since I wasn’t a woman, I listened to my older sister and many friends. Several had been severely beaten. They cried and trembled. I was deeply bothered by their pain and misery.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m hoping to explore my spiritual adventure to share love, care and respect with my wife, our families and friends.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
The process to submit was easy and quick.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I received an email from Carrie, went for a walk to consider the value of the festival and finally submitted. Four producers haven’t decided yet.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox