Irene – Julie C. Sheppard
Vincent 30s – Hugh Ritchie
Narration – Victoria Urquhart
Stoughton 60s – Sean Ballantyne
Roman 30s – Geoff Mays
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
An unorthodox female Scotland Yard Inspector and a troubled San Francisco detective suspect his club dancer boyfriend is behind a series of grisly murders that recreate Jack the Ripper’s crimes.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Murder Mystery/Erotic Thriller
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
“Modus Operandi” is diverse and embraces colorblind casting. My male leads are Latino and my leading lady is over 70. There is a dwarf and a hearing-impaired character, as well – both are police officers and figure prominently into the plot. And for the financiers out there: there are no car chases, heavy CGI or explosions! Plus: everybody loves a good mystery. In this case: a great one!
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Sexy and Controversial.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
It’s a tie: “The Wizard of Oz” and “The Sound of Music.”
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Multiple screenplays in a variety of genres, a few stage plays and two TV pilots.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I don’t have a favorite as my musical tastes are eclectic. Which song have I *heard* the most in my life? Probably “Happy Birthday”!!!!
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Keeping the page count down! My characters often took over the writing process and generated some outstanding backstory… but I had to discipline them to stay focused on the main story. As absorbing as a detail is, that almost always translates to a higher page count.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing, producing, Halloween season, true crime history, coffee and cooking.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox