Genre: Crime, Thriller
It’s not your Mother’s Buddy Movie. It’s a combo meal! It’s a little bit of LETHAL WEAPON, DIE HARD, THE SOCIAL NETWORK with a SIDE of TAKEN. Experienced FBI Agent hires and befriends a young INTERNET ENTREPRENEUR to help rescue a six year old girl taken Hostage in a FALL OUT SHELTER by a Ruthless Psychopath.
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Anna: Norma Dunphy
Josh: David Occhipinti
Bill: Dennis Barham
Operator: Lindsay Gerro
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Curious Buddies is about the rescue of a six year old girl taken hostage in a fall out shelter by a ruthless psychopath. The story centers around the trials and tribulations of a veteran FBI agent and the assistance of a young internet entrepreneur during the case investigation to save her. It’s a whirlwind, action packed thriller, spanning three days set in Washington DC, New York and San Francisco. There are subtle sub themes throughout the screenplay, like the curious friendships and relationships that develop between the characters. For example, the buddy bond between the FBI agent and the internet guru, and the young girl and the psychopath.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action, Thriller, Drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Curious Buddies should be made into a movie because it would appeal to die hard fans of shows like True Detective, Criminal Minds and The Good Wife. I think it would draw millennials because there are several scenes between the FBI agent and the internet entrepreneur, some comical, where they learn to respect each other and their professions. There’s a lot of action, twists and turns in the plot that would keep an audience interested.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About four years. I’ve done several minor rewrites.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written about a dozen screenplays. Seven are finished and copyrighted. The others I’m still working on and collaborating with another writer for a TV MOW pilot.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Secret World by Peter Gabriel
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music, art and sports.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
My experiences have all been very positive. Great feedback and response to my submissions.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I think what influenced me to enter the festival is the creative professional actors and posts by Wildsound and the LA FilmFreeway festival. I’ve been following Wildsound, Matthew since I started writing about five years ago. The feedback was spot on. Especially about how my plot for Curious Buddies is all over the place, and needs to be more concise. What is it Shakespeare said? Brevity is the soul of wit. I could definitely use more of that.
I also need to focus on my formatting.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox