Genre: Thriller, Horror
This is a ghost story about a blind man, one haunted room and a not-so-virtuous team of paranormal investigators.
Narrator: Olivia Jon
Woman: Jennifer Vallance
Male Voice: Shawn Devlin
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a group of unscrupulous ghost-hunters that find what they’re looking for… and more.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The screenplay embraces our favorite elements from Roger Corman and John Carpenter. We wanted to make a small film, single-location, but with enough drive and intrigue to keep the story moving forward. These types of films are very difficult to write effectively, but when they work… they’re magic.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
On and off for several years. Picking it up, here and there. Always came back to it because we were having so much fun.
7. How many stories have you written?
Stories? Too many to list. I published many in small literary magazines, back when I was fresh out of college. We’ve worked on probably ten screenplays together.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Cold Shot – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
There were no real obstacles, other than time constraints. It wasn’t a difficult process. As I said, we were having so much fun writing it, there weren’t any obstacles to speak of. When you like what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Film, of course. Travel. History. Museums.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Seems very intuitive.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Looking for exposure. As for feedback, we’re still neophytes.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox